Jameson Arms Stained Glass Window
At the Writers Museum, at No 18, Parnell Square North, Dublin, Ireland, once the home of George Jameson. Mr. Jameson also had these arms in a similar window at Glencormac House, the house he built and where he lived in Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland, until his death in 1936. The history of how this Jameson family came to use these arms, is not known. Arms very similar to these were granted to Rev. John Jameson, Esq., of Winfield, County Galway, Eldest son of James Jameson, Esq., of Winfield and Mount Rose, County Dublin. and Grandson of John Jameson, Esq., Sherif and Clerk of Co, Clackmannan. Later, those same arms were granted to Maurice Eyre Francis Bellingham Jameson, of Dublin and later, Hammersmith, London, England. Arms very similar to these have been known to exist in Scotland from earlier times. Their earliest use and subsequent derivatives however, are not known.